10 quick questions:
1) For how many years have you played chess professionally?
2) At what age did you learn how to play chess?
3) Who taught you how to play chess?
4) What was your first big tournament success (tournament win or similar)? How old were you?
Finishing joint first in the British Championship in Chester 1979, aged 14.
5) Do you sometimes also participate in other sports/games? If so, which and at what level?
I used to play football, cricket and a little tennis, but to no level worth mentioning. Nowadays I enjoy swimming regularly, but only in the sea and not competitively.
6) Do you have any family members/relatives that also play chess? If so, who and at what level?
My Dad still plays on a low amateur level at Lichfield Chess Club. He is more involved with the administration though.
7) What would you be doing today, if you did not play chess professionally?
A lawyer, like my older brother, or an economist.
8) What is your strength as a chess player?
Exceedingly weak these days.
9) Do you have any superstitions when you sit down at the chess board before a tournament game?
10) What do you hope to achieve in the 2021 TePe Sigeman & Co Chess Tournament?
Not to be humiliated.